Wednesday, February 16, 2011 by Brian Shih
Today we’re excited to announce some updates to the official Google Reader app for Android. Over the last couple of months, we’ve added some of your most-requested features:
- Unread count widget – choose any feed, label, person, or “all items” and get the unread count on your home screen. Clicking on the widget takes you to straight to that stream.
- News ticker widget – if you prefer a bit more information, you can add a larger size widget that cycles through items on any stream you want in Reader. Clicking any headline will take you to the article, while clicking the folder will take you to that stream.
- Tablet-Optimized Feedly 2.0 Arrives with Simplicity, Elegance (androidguys.com)
- I’m going to use Google Reader again (anoobinageekworld.wordpress.com)
- How to Subscribe to a Website as a Channel in Google Reader, and Categorize / Organize it in a Folder (speedofcreativity.org)